Today we have released our new dynamic lighting system (DLS).
We are incredibly proud of this new update, because it not only adds a great tool for more atmospheric maps, but with our unique approach to prop shadow rendering, we now can simulate almost realistic shadows out of any two-dimensional prop.
Here's a video showcasing the new features:
You can also find details about the new improvements in your dashboard.
To continue the Bugs & Issues Tracker:
IMPORTANT! As always: Make sure that you clear your cache once before you test the new features.
With this update we have also addressed some bugs and added requested features:
- Arrow keys now affect brushes as well.
- Pressing DEL when a brush is selected deletes it properly
- We have added select all / deselect all for the asset library
- Placing a mirrored prop is now working as intended
- Brushes now have their colorize applied when drawing
- We fixed an issue caused the stage to turn black when deleting room points
- We applied several improvements to stage rendering to enhance the performance.
Known Issues - Updated September 17th, 2018
Surprisingly, there are no known issues for this update, that we still need to address (I am sure you will set us right here...)
but there are still general issues, that we need to address:
- The viewer has still some rendering issues when large maps get zoomed out
- The saving circle doesn't stop spinning This can happen with old maps, where the map data still contains "dirty" fragments.
- Export giant maps, even tiled ones, can crash WebGL. We are making adjustments and are testing this, but feedback from you would be much appreciated. (How big was the map, what is your setup? etc.)
- Having tons of complex curves can slow down the editor We are constantly working on improvements, but make sure to save map regularly to prevent data loss.
Still under construction:
We're still in the process of adding new features and fixing bugged ones.
there are some things, that are still work in progress:
Adjust map size
Adjust grid size
Adjust room wall size
Toggle prop shadow on intial placement
Select & move rooms
Undo changes on the map
Solid color for walls & rooms
Create room templates to re-use in maps
Create "natural" walls
Color adjustment & transparencies for props & textures
Add a "quick help" panel with shortcuts
Add custom images
Improve Notes handling & interface
GM & Playerviewer
Improved handling and Interface for viewer
If you want to report a bug, please create a new post and mark it with the "BUG" Tag.