The recent update contains the following features and bugfixes:
We have improved our export to be more stable and handle bigger maps. We also added a progress bar to visualize the rendering process.
We have reworked our stage rendering to be more stable and handle bigger maps. The maps are now tiled in "render zones" that only get rendered when close to the field of view. This may come with a slower scrolling/updating cycle but will handle bigger maps a lot better.
Improved Memory Handling:
Chrome is very hungry when it comes to RAM. With our new rendering and exporting we can now "unload" invisible areas and thus were able to reduce the memory usage drastically. On a siden ote: Firefox is now not the preferred browser anymore. With this update we noticed that Chrome works better when exporting, but try for yourself and see what works better for you.
We introduced a new saving state (save icon):
If your map can't be saved to the server (due to network connectivity or an error in the map object) you get a red blinking triangle. To resolve this, please check if you are still connected to the internet, make sure your session hasn't run out or in the worst case: revert to an older history of your map.
- We fixed the bug that was preventing login cookies to be updated properly.
- We fixed several display errors where the yellow outlines weren't updated properly (like when duplicating props to another level).
- We fixed several render errors when moving objects (brushes, shapes, room- or prop groups).
- Doors & Windows are now duplicated properly when your stage is reszied / rooms are moved.
- The setting select in the toolbars is not getting cut off anymore when the list is too short.
- We added a "go to asset library" when search doesn't return a search reslut in your toolbars.
- We fixed several issues that resulted in not rendering walls properly.
- We added some performance improvements to the Viewer in preperation to the big upcoming viewer update.
- We have finished our repair work on old maps that got broken through our last update. If you have reported a map, please check if it is working, or let us knowby reporting the map to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As always, make sure that you clear your cache and refresh your browser to make sure that all the changes are working for you!
Also: Make sure that you delete your cookies once, so our double-login fix can work
We still haven't figured out, why some of you CAN report maps through our "report a problem" tool, and some CAN'T. If you run into a problem with your map and you can't report it, please create a private share link and send it together with your request to email@example.com.
There are some other issues that we are aware of, that didn't make it into this update, but will be delivered past the Christmas holidays:
- Firefox: all colorize sliders are grey
- Firefox (or maybe low graphics cards as well) Scrolling can lead to black floor textures
- GM Notes: Clear Formatting is not working properly
- GM-Notes: CTRL+Z is not working
- GM-Notes: Level-Images for big maps can result in broken image
- GM-Notes: Room previews look weird when lighting is active
- Save: Red Triangle needs tooltip